Hello! It is fun to type for me, and I have reporting experience, so this will be FUN! Hope you like it!







Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First Entry!!!!


This is the first post! Whoo - hoo!

Its Wednesday, and we are about three and a half weeks into the new school year. I am enjoying third grade very much.

I am taking tennis lessons for the first time! Our gym teacher, whom I love, is giving lessons after school on Tuesdays. My sister Nora is taking lessons with me (she did it last year). We are also part of a cool writing club that meets after school on Mondays. I am working on my project which will be a short story. It is called "The Beauty of the Groundhog." I know, it sounds like one of those novels that your mom might pick up. But it will be great!

Here is what I have so far, in summary:

Two groundhogs, a boy and a girl, live in the middle of a forest in the middle of Illinois. This takes place in the time of the very first settlers. A lot of people are cutting down the trees in their forest to create log cabins for themselves. This is endangering the groundhogs' habitat, not to mention all of the other animals of the forest! The groundhogs decide to go on strike. They steal all of the settlers' supplies; which includes food, water, building supplies, clothing and other necessities. They keep on doing so until they come to an agreement with the log cabin people. The agreement says that the log cabin people will plant trees to replace the ones they have cut down in the forest.

And so, I guess that's the end of this post! See you next post!

-Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment